Monday, April 7, 2008

I Figured Out Life

This weekend has proved to be one of those amazing, ultra-productive weekends, when everything seems to fall into place and motivation is at its peak. On Saturday morning, I got full public service funding for my summer (unpaid) internship. Later in the morning, our new W&M Law chapter of the ACLU began a Voting Rights Restoration project. There are more than 300,000 disenfranchised voters in the Commonwealth of Virginia — felons who have done their time in prison and must file petitions subject to the governor's approval (if they get that far). Many of us came away from the meeting inspired, ready to act. Then I headed to northern Virginia, where I'll be working this summer, and found a place to live in Fairfax. My summer job at the Capital Defender's Office starts on May 27. I met the lead attorney in the office on Saturday; I'm stoked to work for him on some incredible cases this summer.

Friends are getting jobs, trees are turning beautiful shades of green and finals will be over soon. I'm looking forward to a two-week trip home in May. Life has seldom looked better.

P.S. The Daily Press, the local newspaper of Williamsburg, published an article on Sunday about W&M Law's efforts along the Gulf Coast, and the reporter interviewed me for the story. Here's the link.

1 comment:

chris wilke said...

good form Rob! i'm glad to hear things are coming together nicely now through the summer. maybe we can find a way to hang out during your 2-week trip home.