Thursday, November 8, 2007

Writing I like

Seems that I only get to blog on Thursdays lately. That is, after all, when all my classes for the week are finished and I actually have time to step back and breathe. At least for a few minutes, then it's back to catching up.

Excuses aside, I did actually do some other writing this week, so I'll use that as my post. The American Constitution Society is a national organization that is focused on preserving civil liberties like privacy and free speech. (This is not the same as the Institute of Bill of Rights Law, which is unique to William & Mary.) The local ACS chapter hosts a lot of great speakers throughout the year, and I've been able to hear many of them. The W&M ACS also has a blog. I wrote the Nov. 7 entry, which is about an upcoming speaker who has argued several cases before the Supreme Court on the issue of race and higher education.

But I've gotten a lot more attention this week for a letter to the editors that I wrote for the Advocate (the W&M law school newspaper). Here's a link where you can download the Nov. 7 paper on PDF. I also wrote the front-page story, but of the dozen or so people who've talked to me about this week's paper, 11 of them mentioned only the letter. Read it, and you'll probably understand why. The most common remark has been, "He had it coming."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't pay attention to that Shug nonsense, as he is usually just ranting about AKS, but in a needlessly obscure way without mentioning his name, like AKS was some sort of nerdy law-school-version of Lord Voldemort.